Saturday, June 9, 2007

Roan Groan...or just groan?

Roan Groan Road Race went as follows...

first 35 miles: sitting in and feeling good.

After we turned back onto 19E: someone decides to take me and 10 other riders out. I go down fast and find myself at the bottom of a pile of bikes with a truck pulling a horse trailor skidding to a stop just feet from my head...

After I can see my muscle tissue in my right fore arm: A sweet ride to the local hospital in an ambulance. 13 stitches and a destroyed powertap wheel (which the truck ran over) later i get to go back to arden.

..."Welcome back to NC."
-ed's mom

6 comments:

Preston said...

13 stitches and a busted wheel sounds like a great race to me.

kim potter said...

this scares me so bad. i want to wrap around you and not let you race ever again.

lancefan7 said...

You handle your girls, like you handle your bike: both pain me extensively.

Carson said...

that doesnt make any sense.

kim potter said...

that really doesnt make any sense. lol

Carson said...

who is this lancefan? its bothering me. Ive crashed my bike once on the road in 4 years of racing. so does this mean ive had one bad relationship in the last 4 years or what? and why does it pain you? just curious.