Friday, June 8, 2007

California Dreamin'


After finishing my first pro-am stage race at Edgar Soto, I was finally able to go back to the mother land and mentally refuel. It had been about six months since I had seem my family and it was nice to be back where I still call home. My stay was somewhat uneventful which is exaclty how I like it. Although, I was fortunate enough to crew for my mom at one of her endurance horse races just north of L.A. She made winning look easy by completing the 65 mile course an hour and 4 minutes faster then her competition, as well as beating the course record by 4 minutes. It was exciting to see my mom doing what she loves, while making other people look like they dont know what theyre doing at all.

I didnt want to leave the land of sunshine again and almost decided not to. But that would mean missing out on certain opportunities that im just not ready to walk away from quite yet. This weekend I'll be rollin up to TN again with the team to do the Roan Groan Omnium near Johnson City. Its very close to school so it will be mostly on roads that im familar with. First race is tommorow morning and it finishes at the top of Roan mountain, so it should be an interesting race. I'm not sure what the housing situation is like but ill try to keep the blog updated as the race unfolds...

1 comment:

kim potter said...

im so sorry i cant be there WITH you, but i am here FOR you