Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I dont know why its so hard for me to keep up with this stupid blog and im sorry that I cant be better about. Well, I'm settled into my new place in arden, NC and so far i have nothing to complain about. One of ed's friends is graciously letting me stay in the lower story of a 2 story house. Its pretty nice to be alone, but at the same time i miss a lot of people.

As far as racing goes; here are some results from the couple that ive failed to keep everyone up-to-date on...

Tour of Virginia
Stage 1: 154st
Stage 2: 124th
Stage 3: DNF

Walnut Grove RR (spartanburg, SC)
Cat 2: 16th

Tour of Virginia was a lot faster then the entire Capri-Foudnation team was prepared for and subsequently we all DNF'ed on the 3rd stage. It was frustrating for a lot of us, but also gave us a taste of what racing in europe would be like.
The walnut grove Road race was a fairly flat 82 mile race down in south carolina and i think i could have easily ridden to a top 5 if i didnt have some digestive issues during laps 2 and 3. My stomache made it pretty hard to even finish the race, so 16th was the best i could come up with.

After another dissapointing month of racing and not being able to race on the collegaite national team in Kansas, Im trying to focus on whats ahead of me. The Edgar Soto Memorial stage race starts this friday and ends next monday; based on the teams that have registered so far, a top 50 finish would be respectable at this point. I'm also looking forward to this weekend because i get to see a certain girl again...

2 comments:

kim potter said...

she looks strong. ill bet she breaks just like a child on the inside.

kim potter said...

ps- YOURE amazing